Mayer Hoffman McCann makes it easy for you to get free CPE credit while learning about some of the hottest topics in the accounting industry from the convenience of your own office. We hope you can join us as we’ll be presenting three of our Executive Education Series™ webinar courses this month.
Oct. 11: Financial Instruments (rebroadcast), 2 CPE
In this course, Mike Loritz and Keith Peterka will cover:
- The reporting and disclosure requirements for financial instruments
- Application of the fundamentals of ASC 820, Fair Value Measurement, to certain financial instruments
- Common fair value techniques used by companies and pricing services
- Fair value issues associated with employee stock ownership plans
Oct. 18: Valuation Issues, 2 CPE
James Comito and Keith Peterka will discuss:
- Common financial reporting issues faced by management and its auditors when determining the value or price of an asset or liability (“valuation”)
- How to identify accounting transactions that commonly result in valuation issues for the accountant/auditor
- The importance of managing both the risk associated with valuation issues and the related cost of valuation work
Oct. 25: International Accounting Standard 40 – Investment Property, 1 CPE
During this webinar, Keith Peterka will talk about:
- What classifies as an investment property and how it differs from property, plant and equipment, and other investments
- Recognition, measurement (fair value or cost) and the disclosure requirements which apply to investment properties
- The scenarios for applying the Investment Property Guidance
- How to apply both the Fair Value Measurement recognition criteria and Cost Method
You can sign up for any of these courses on the Mayer Hoffman McCann website.
In addition, we’re in the process of creating MHM’s Executive Education Series course schedule for 2013, so please let us know if there are any subjects or issues that would be of interest to you or your business.