Join us for this webcast on Thursday, Aug. 28, as we focus on the common operational and document failures for qualified retirement plans, including 401(k), 403(b), profit sharing and defined benefit pension plans, and provide practical solutions and alternatives for correcting those mistakes.
Our presenters from Mayer Hoffman McCann and Husch Blackwell will also discuss the importance of having strong internal controls and discuss plan sponsor best practices. Finally, we will discuss how to prepare for an audit if your plan is selected for review.
Other topics of discussion:
- Review of IRS and DOL correction programs — self correct or submit?
- Analyze the top 10 failures that plan sponsors plans correct under VCP
- Review of useful tools to keep qualified plans running smoothly
- Overview of steps plan sponsors can take to improve internal controls
- Discuss what plan sponsors can do to better prepare for the annual plan audit
- What to do when the IRS or DOL examiner calls
Registration is free and this course is eligible for 2 CPE credits.
CBIZ & MHM Executive Education Series:
Common Errors in Qualified Plans – How to Keep the Train on the Track
Tuesday, August 28, 2014, 1-3 p.m. CDT