Patented technology, customer lists, licensing and other intangible assets require entities to define, recognize and measure items that do not have physical substance. IAS 38 Intangible Assets prescribes guidance that entities subject to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) must use for the capitalization and subsequent amortization of intangible assets. In this webinar, we will provide an overview of how IAS 38 Intangible Assets and its requirements.
Topics to be covered during the course include:
- How to evaluate internally generated costs to determine if they meet the definition of an intangible
- How to evaluate the criteria for capitalization and subsequent amortization of intangible assets
- Valuation options for intangibles
- How to determine the useful life of the asset
- Required reporting disclosures for intangible assets
- The difference between IFRS and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Registration is free and this course is eligible for 1 CPE credit.
CBIZ & MHM Executive Education Series:
Accounting for Intangible Assets Under IAS 38 Intangible Assets
Thursday, July 16, 2015, 11-12 p.m. CDT