While the new standard for revenue recognition will require significant changes in internal accounting practices for any industry with contract revenue, this webinar will specifically address the impact to the manufacturing industry.
During this webinar, we will discuss the latest information about the new revenue recognition guidance. We will also go over how the new standard will differ from current practice including:
- How to evaluate the transfer of control based on the evaluation of shipping terms
- Which types of contractual arrangements may be able to recognize revenue using a cost-to-cost or similar method
- Typical situations, such as warranties, that would create an additional performance obligation
- Sales tax implications
- Typical situations, such as coupons and rebates, that would trigger variable consideration
- Time value of money considerations
Registration is free and this course is eligible for 1 CPE credit.
CBIZ & MHM Executive Education Series:
Revenue Recognition Updates for Manufacturers
Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2015, 11 a.m.-12 p.m. CDT
Can’t make it this date? Join us for a repeat broadcast on Nov. 11.